Altdorf, the capital city of the Empire, is a major location in this world. It is a bustling metropolis that is home to thousands of people, from the wealthy and powerful to the poor and downtrodden. It is a city of contrasts, with opulent palaces and grand cathedrals standing alongside teeming slums and dangerous docklands.
The book, Altdorf: Crown of the Empire, provides an in-depth look at this fascinating city, offering a wealth of information for Game Masters and players alike. It describes the city's different districts, each with its own unique character and challenges, and provides detailed maps and descriptions of key locations, from the Imperial Palace to the Street of a Hundred Taverns.
The book also includes a range of new NPCs, from powerful nobles to cunning criminals, as well as plot hooks and adventure ideas that can be used to create exciting and engaging campaigns set in the city. And for players who are participating in the Enemy Within campaign, the book provides detailed information on Altdorf that can be used to enhance the campaign and create more immersive and exciting adventures.
Overall, Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is a must-have resource for anyone playing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, offering a rich and detailed look at one of the most important locations in the game world.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire includes:
- A History of Altdorf: A timeline of events leading up to the present day, detailing the city’s past as the centre of Unberogen power in the Reikland and the centre of Sigmar’s Empire. Myths and legends associated with the area and the great men and women who have contributed to Altdorf’s cultural pre-eminence, past and present.
- How Altdorf is Ruled: A detailed examination of both secular and religious power in Altdorf, and the checks nobles from other provinces attempt to place upon them. The major knightly orders that call the city home are described. On the streets of the East End and Dockland the power of the gangs has as much impact as the edicts of the House of the Third Wilhelm, and their organisations and methods are the subject of numerous articles and adventure hooks.
- A Visitors Guide: The city is divided into three great quarters, each comprised of several distinct districts. There is the wealthy South Bank, centre of religious and political power, the City North, a buzzing commercial hub and home of the Colleges of Magic, and the East End, a maze of decaying rookeries and noisome industrial sprawl.
- Altdorfers: Over 45 NPCs are examined in detail, providing a broad selection of the great city’s citizens and denizens. From penniless revolutionaries and forlorn mutants to the worthies of Altdorf’s court. The peculiarities of what life is like for Altdorf’s Elves, Dwarfs, and Halflings is examined, and lurking in the city’s dark are Skaven agents, and the followers of Chaos gods.
- Beneath the Streets and Beyond the Walls: Altdorf extends down into the mud and beyond its walls. Visitors arriving on foot from Nuln are treated to the booming and flashing of the Artillery Fields, whilst those from Marienburg are assailed by the magnificent sight (and ammonium stench) of Altdorf’s Demigryph pens. Beneath the city, the Dwarfs labour to prevent the flooding of their ancient subterranean district, whilst monsters and cultists stalk through the catacombs.
- And more: The cultural life of Altdorf has options for rich, poor and middle class; the skill of psychometry can be learned by those with the talent for it; vision-inducing Dreamwine can be purchased from some of the venues of the Street of a Hundred Taverns.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is an excellent and entertaining addition to any gaming table. Packed with esoteric lore, suspicious NPCs, distinctive locations, and intriguing adventure hooks, it is the perfect guide with which to add additional depth and detail to your games of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!